Competitors will speak for 5 - 7 minutes on one of the following topics:
1. How can we fill the talent pipeline in Canadian agriculture?
2. What impact will the emerging micro-food processing industry have on agriculture?
3. Aquaculture: The challenges and solutions of developing, funding and marketing an emerging food source
4. Climate change: Can the family farm manage and capitalize on this shift?
5. Lessons learned over the last 25 years of agriculture – and how we can apply it to the next 25.
6. Should the agriculture industry fund and support opportunities for youth development?
7. How to create ecosystem markets that reward Canada’s farmers for environmental stewardship.
Senior Competition (16 – 24)
• Champion $1,000.00
• 1st Runner-up $500.00
• 2nd Runner-up $350.00
• Three Honourable Mentions $150.00 each
Junior Competition (11-15)
• Champion $500.00
• 1st Runner-up $300.00
• 2nd Runner-up $150.00
This year's competition will take place via VIDEO ESSAY SUBMISSION