Competitors will speak for 5 - 7 minutes on one of the following topics:
1. The implications of supply chain issues on Canada's food supply.
2. Rising global water and temperature levels: What does it mean for agriculture?
3. Unexpected careers: Here are three jobs you didn't know were linked to agriculture.
4. Alternative agriculture: What opportunities await Canadian farmers?
5. Is local food sustainable?
6. Why the world is eating more fish and what it means for Canadian aquaculture.
7. I realized I wanted a career in agriculture when ______________.
Senior Competition (16 – 24)
• Champion $1,000.00
• 1st Runner-up $500.00
• 2nd Runner-up $350.00
• Three Honourable Mentions $150.00 each
Junior Competition (11-15)
• Champion $500.00
• 1st Runner-up $300.00
• 2nd Runner-up $150.00
This year's competition will take place in person on July 16, 2022
at the Calgary Stampede grounds in Calgary, Alberta.