2020 Winners Announced:
On behalf of the Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture competition, we want to thank you sincerely for contributing your video to our competition. We had some tremendous speeches submitted which clearly shows your passion for agriculture and the many issues you spoke about. In the words of our judges:
Public speaking is the #1 fear in the world and you have conquered it. This increases your employment capability and leadership contributions to wherever you go in life. This skill is one of the most important you will ever develop and you will benefit from it more than you can possibly realize. Keep at it, keep getting your point across and keep having your awesome voice heard!
With that in mind, we are proud to announce the winners of our AYSA 2020 competition:
1. Tia Schram, Bruderheim, Alberta - Lessons learned over the last 25 years of agriculture – and how we can apply it to the next 25.
2. Claire Meier, Calgary, Alberta - Should the agriculture industry fund and support opportunities for youth development?
1. Leslie Siewert, Cayley, Alberta - Lessons learned over the last 25 years of agriculture – and how we can apply it to the next 25
2. Austin Noirot, Caroline, Alberta - Should the agriculture industry fund and support opportunities for youth development?
3. Aksha Burande, Calgary, Alberta - Aquaculture: The challenges and solutions of developing, funding and marketing an emerging food source